Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Birthday and Mothers Day


 Hello Yall :)

What a week it has been, I posted last Sunday about how I was sick. I ran a fever for a few days, Aaron and I decided I should go to the doctor, so I found out I had some sort of virus. :P
They gave me some antibiotics and I now feel a lot better. My throat is still sore, but besides that I'm great :)

I was sick on my birthday though, it was on the 4th (last Monday). Aaron usually has Mondays off of work, but he had to work it this time. But it was still a good day, just laid around with Jedidiah. When Aaron came home from work, he spoiled me with presents!

 


He built me a coffee table out of pallets, I absolutely LOVE it. I am so impressed with how well it turned out. My husband is truly talented :)





 I have a big bucket full of horse shoes that I kept from working at the stables, I am always finding uses for them. Who knew they would make good cup coasters?!

He also made me a spoon ring, the spoon is from my families old set. We have had it for as long as I can remember. So its pretty special :) 
He also gave me a pot of yellow tulips, they are in full bloom right now and look absolutely beautiful. They are sitting in our kitchen window. I love it how Aaron usually makes me presents and doesn't buy them, it means so much more to me when he makes them. My mom also made me a pecan pie for my birthday, which I wasn't really able to eat since my throat was so sore. I did however save myself a piece and ate it when I was feeling better.  

My  first mothers day :) I am so blessed to be Jedidiah Silas mama, it has been one of my greatest joys. Its hard at times, but I do love every minute of it.

After church we went to Panera for lunch, it was nice not having to cook lunch. Then we came home and relaxed the rest of the day, we usually have church activities in the afternoon but it was canceled since it was mothers day. We watched Downton Abbey (which is my new favorite show) we just started watching it and finished season one a couple days ago. We really enjoy it!
Aaron and I have decided we want to start memorizing verses together, we chose Isaiah 57:15- For thus says the One who is high and lifted up,
 who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
 and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
 to revive the spirit of the lowly,
 and to revive the heart of the contrite.
 
I don't have it completely memorized yet, but I'm getting there. We try and help each other a couple times a week.  Its wonderful knowing we both are working on the same verses.
How did your week go? Did you do anything special for mothers day?
-God Bless
Hannah Bamberg.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment